SPIN (Single Parent Information Network)
is a constituted voluntary organisation (unincorporated association)
founded in 2005
- SPIN aims to improve the knowledge and awareness of useful organisations and provide this information proactively to single parent families in Brighton & Hove & surrounding areas of Sussex via our Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/SPINsingleparents
- SPIN aims to empower and improve the wellbeing of single parents by offering information about low cost and free activities, events, training, goods etc This promotes fairness for single parent families who do not receive financial support from their other partner
- SPIN promotes shared care between separated parents and single parents may join whether as a sole carer or joint carer.
- SPIN is volunteer run and free to join (73% of our members find out about us through word of mouth recommendation)
- SPIN is a member of Brighton & Hove Communityworks Member - Community Works (bhcommunityworks.org.uk)
- SPIN is a member of NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations - Membership number VC/6088)
- SPIN is a verified intermediary for Turn2us www.turn2us.org.uk, SPIN is a verified intermediary for InKindDirect www.inkinddirect.org, SPIN is a verified intermediary for Giving World www.givingworld.org.uk, SPIN is a verified intermediary for Thriving Communities Network of National Academy for Social Prescribing https://socialprescribingacademy.org.uk/thriving-communities/network/
Joanna G, Director/Founder/Volunteer since 2005. Graduate in Anthropology & Organisational Management. Previously worked in the Police, NHS, Medical Colleges and Social Services. Volunteered on Archaeological projects, worked on two expeditions and is a published poet. Mother to 2 young men aged 22 and 23.
Victoria B, Assistant Director/Member/Volunteer since 2005. Graduate in English & Creative Writing and studied Society, Gender & Education. Entrepreneur (previously lady taxi cooperative, set up an online learning resource for women in business and travel guides). Currently security on film sets. Mother to one teenage son.
Committee members and Volunteers
Karen Perrier, CEO of Money Advice Plus in Eastbourne, mother of two adult children
Kate Elliott, mother of teenage son
Julie Fisher-Jayne, mother of teenage son